Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Apparati

This thing here is the aparatus we used during my first organic chem lab to assist in the determination of the melting point ranges of some...chemical things...It was all sorts of interesting. Watching stuff melt is beautiful in an odd way, especially when you watch through a microscope magnifing thing.

SO I think an update is terrifically overdue. Here are some sketches! Nothing too fantastic...I haven't really been producing as much since I submitted my portfolio way back when.

But anyhow. New semester, new year...wait, I think I already updated once this year. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. Nothing really eventful has happened yet. I love my classes. Organic chemistry is going to be amazing and I'm always terrifically excited to step through the door of my film class. Engineering is something I've never considered before, but for this semester I decided to toss it onto my class list and I don't regret having done so. I think it's going to turn out to be a pretty fun and interesting class, full to the brim with exciting projects (we get to build a bridge! And we have teams! And, oh, it's just exciting. You should see the lab we have our class in! I'll take a picture sometime).
And then there's physics, which is, well, physics. On the first day of my physics class my professor started teaching math and, eh, it hasn't gotten better yet. But I still have my hopes up (even though physics is basically math)! For the time being, however, this is what I do instead:
Actually, that's not true. I do not sleep in class. I draw silly drawings like the above one, of me sleeping like I wish I were. That's not true either, actually. I do make an effort to pay attention. Usually. Sometimes. Occasionally.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY ANIMATION CLUB has begun work on our film! Well...we've begun the process of developing a story...I gave all the members of the Animation Club a packet with four storyboard sheets and a page of instructions on the gist of story development and a few examples thereof (which I compiled using some CSSSA experience and the advice of Sir Tang). Their assignment is to come up with a story and create some semblance of a storyboard to pitch at the next meeting, after a brief sort of how-to on pitching (as well as I am capable of doing a 'how-to' on anything). This is only because we don't have time for a meeting about story, unfortunately, so they have to do that step on their own. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is actually WORKING!

But anyway.
Here are some other drawings:

A nod toward my electron fellow, done during GBS, I think.

These last three are life drawings. The first two are from my organic chemistry lab, and the last is from my physics class.

Add Image

0 comments:

Post a Comment