Friday, January 16, 2009

"It Must Be Those Pre-Date Jitters..."

You know, I always thought labs were supposed to be much more exciting that the actual class they're for...but my physics lab stubbornly defies that belief. It's basically another lecture with a little activity at the end. So I drew this! I'm not sure who the two people in the image are; it's just supposed to be a guy and a girl who are about to go on a date with each other for the first time and are sort of nervous and picking at themselves. I need to push the expressions in my drawings a bit more; these two look a little bored (but maybe that just a reflection of how I was feeling at the time).

After the lab was over, I was sitting outside near the room waiting for my parents to arrive so I could go home. I was drawing, naturally, when my professor walked out after all the students. He paused for a moment outside the classroom and looked down at me.
"Oh, I thought you were doing physics! That's garbage. It's garbage if it's not physics."
Now, he was probably kidding, but I turned to my friend and told her that this was an event that needed recording in my emo journal under "soul wrenching." Since I don't actually have an emo journal, this is the next best thing.

Obligatory figure drawing

0 comments:

Post a Comment