Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Color and Design Pan



One of our final projects for Color and Design: a 60-inch wide, 10-inch high painting composed of two 30-by-10 strips of illustration board. I had plenty of fun with this--we were allowed to use whatever means we wished, which meant we didn't necessarily have to do fancy painting. I'm particular to washes and ink--nice, basic stuff--so that's what I went with. I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to getting all the grays nice and distinct in shade, and I forgot to do that before scanning, so some of the grays meld together. Nrrgh.

The 'pan' is of my lonely electron fellow peering out into a subatomic world populated by particles and other worlds which he is absolutely denied. He has no company.

Here's the rough sketch!

(You can click on any of these to make them larger).

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw this on the wall today. I peaked into your class when the musicians were there. It looks great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I absolutely love the world you have created. Please don't dismiss the idea of making a film about your world. I want to help you come up with stories and relationships, because I can see that you're constantly building bridges and patterns all over your ideas to this one world of yours.

    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete