Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life Happens

I had the craziest day today, working on my molds for my film at Stephen Chiodo's studio.

Suffice to say I am something of an idiot. Is it a law of nature that the opposite of what yo think will happen will always happen?

I mixed the concrete and started pouring it on to my sculpture to create the first part of my mold, and then I waited.

and waited.

and waited

and waited

FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR, MAN

AND NOTHING HAPPENED

I was like, holy balls, I fucked this up, oh shit oh shit oh shit
Stephen is going to get back here and he's going to be like 
You're the worst student I've EVER mentored

And I was like, about to cry at his studio?!?!

So I started tearing the concrete off of my sculpture
and scratching it up and shit

and then

and then

after I'd taken it all off

AFTER I'D TAKEN IT ALL OFF

IT SET

THE CONCRETE SET

so now I have a pile of dried concrete and a scratched sculpt.

Stephen doesn't think I'm an idiot, though!
He fixed it! It's all good now! I finished that part!
But I was like seriously having a panic attack, liiiiiike the worst thing ever.

I owe Stephen a cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment